Interlock fabric is a common knit fabric type produced by double plate knitting machine and commonly used to produce babywear. (How is knitted fabrics made?) (What are the types of knit fabrics?) (What is interlock knit fabric used for?)
Interlock fabric is known by being main fabric for babywear.
Interlock fabric is also called as; cotton interlock fabric, cotton interlock fabric, fabric for babywear etc.
Here is the general information about interlock fabric;
• Interlock fabric is relatively more stretchy and comfortable than the all other knitted fabric.
• One of the most preferred fabric for babywear since the fabric has heat insulation feature, soft touch, flexible, comfortable and keeps warm.
• Can be produced both as tubular single jersey fabric or open width single jersey fabric.
• Mostly preferred %100 cotton interlock fabric.
• Interlock fabric can be melange, bleached, single dyed.
• The gsm of interlock fabric varies depending on customer demands. For %100 cotton interlock fabric, the gsm of the fabric may vary between 170 gram-230 gram.
• The width of interlock fabric varies between 90-110 cm for tubular interlock fabric and 170 cm to 210 cm for open width interlock fabric.
• Most common %100 cotton interlock fabric is; 36/1 %100 cotton interlock fabric Width: 100 cm Gsm: 190 gram.