Pique fabric is one the most common knit fabric type produced by single plate knitting machine and commonly used to produce polo t-shirts and school uniform. (How is knitted fabrics made?) (What are the types of knit fabrics?) (What is pique knit fabric used for?)
Pique fabric is known by being main fabric for polo tshirts and school uniforms.
Pique fabric has 3 different various knitting types; single pique fabric, double pique fabric and american pique fabric (honeycomb pique fabric)
Pique fabric is also called as; pique lacoste, cotton pique fabric, stretch pique fabric, elastane pique fabric, cotton elastane pique fabric, spandex pique fabric, cotton spandex pique fabric, lycra pique fabric, cotton lycra pique fabric, single pique fabric, single lacoste pique fabric, elastane single pique fabric, double pique fabric, double lacoste pique fabric, american pique fabric, fabric for polo t-shirt, fabric for uniform, fabric for school uniform etc.
Here is the general information about pique fabric;
• Pique fabric is relatively less stretchy fabric then jersey fabric.
• Can be produced both as tubular single jersey fabric or open width single jersey fabric.
• Can be produced %100 cotton pique fabric, %60 cotton %40 polyester pique fabric, %97 cotton %3 elastane pique fabric, %95 cotton %5 full elastane pique fabric. (There may be various other composition)
• Pique fabric can be melange, bleached, single dyed even double dyed in case of cotton/polyester blended fabric.
• Pique fabric orders mostly have accessory fabric order such as collar and cuff, to sew a polo t-shirt and school uniform. (What is accessory fabric?)
• The gsm of pique fabric varies depending on customer demands. For %100 cotton pique fabric, the gsm of the fabric may vary between 170 gram-240 gram.
• The width of pique fabric varies between 115-130 cm for tubular pique fabric and 165 cm to 220 cm for open width pique fabric.
• Most common %100 cotton pique fabric is; 30/1 %100 cotton double pique fabric Width: 123 cm Gsm: 180 gram.
• Most common full elastane single pique fabric is; 36/1 %95 cotton %5 elastane single pique fabric Width: 170 cm Gsm: 175 gram.