Fleece fabric is one the most common knit fabric type produced by single plate knitting machine and commonly used to produce swaetshirt, sweatpant, hoodies etc. (How is knitted fabrics made?) (What are the types of knit fabrics?) (What is fleece knit fabric used for?)
Three different yarn is feeded to the fabric, one is face yarn, one is middle yarn (binding yarn), one is back yarn (fleecy yarn).
Fleece fabric has various kinds such as %65 cotton %35 polyester fleece, %70 cotton %30 polyester fleece, %50 cotton %50 polyester fleece, %100 cotton fleece etc.
Fleece fabric is commonly used by brushed from back side. (What is brushing, raising and shearing for knit fabric?)
Fleece fabric is mostly sewed with its accessory fabric as collar and cuff of the garment. Mostly cotton elastane 1×1 rib fabric and cotton elastane 2×2 rib fabric is preferred. (What is rib fabric? What are the feautures of rib fabric?)
Fleece fabric is also called as; fleece fabric, cotton fleece fabric, cotton polyester fleece fabric, three thread fleece fabric, cotton three thread fleece fabric, cotton polyester three thread fleece fabric, brushed fleece fabric, brushed three thread fleece fabric, fabric for hoodies, fabric for sweatpants, fabric for sweatshirts etc.
Here is the general information about fleece fabric;
• Fleece fabric is considered as heaviest knitted fabric among all knitted fabric. The fabric is very durable, dense structured and has very low shrinkage rates.
• Heat insulation feature of the fabric allows to be most preferred fabric to produce sweatpants, sweatshirt, hoodies.
• Fleece fabric can be produced both as tubular fleece fabric or open width fleece fabric.
• Fabric can be produced %100 cotton fleece fabric, %80 cotton %20 polyester fleece fabric, %70 cotton %30 polyester fleece fabric, %60 cotton %40 polyester fleece fabric, %50 cotton %50 polyester fleece fabric. (There may be various other composition)
• Fleece fabric can be melange, bleached, single dyed even double dyed in case of cotton/polyester blended fabric.
• The gsm of fleece fabric varies depending on customer demands. Generally, for fleece fabric, the gsm of the fabric may vary between 250 gram-340 gram.
• The width of fleece fabric varies between 90-96 cm for tubular fleece fabric and 175 cm to 195 cm for open width fleece fabric.
• Most common 3 fleece fabrics;
30/70/10 %65 cotton %35 polyester fleece fabric Width: 185 cm 310 gram
30/70/16 %70 cotton %30 polyester fleece fabric Width: 185 cm 270 gram
30/70/20 %70 cotton %30 polyester fleece fabric Width: 185 cm 250 gram